Be an Ambassador
Apply to be an Engineering Ambassador!
Ambassadors serve as representatives for the College of Engineering (COE) and are responsible for supporting the College in recruitment and diversification efforts. Ambassadors lend support by attending on- and off-campus recruitment events, participating in professional conferences, attending alumni events, providing tours to students and parents who visit campus, traveling to high schools throughout the state to make presentations, and communicating with prospective students.
COE Ambassador Position Description
- Provide Engineering tours for prospective students and their families
- Participate in engineering outreach programs both on and off campus
- Assist with orientation programs such as START and CONNECT
- Facilitate Engineering Awareness Week and other academic exploration activities
- Conduct high school visits and classroom presentations around Oregon
- Participate in mentorship programs for various populations of new engineering students
- Communicate with prospective students and their parents, representing the College and University favorably
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Majoring in Engineering
- Have completed a minimum of 2 terms at OSU (you can apply during your second term)
- Maintain a cumulative OSU GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Able to relate and communicate in a professional, positive, and friendly manner
- Outstanding communication skills, both interpersonal and public speaking
- Responsible, punctual, adaptable, and flexible
- Pay of $10/hour
- Opportunity to network with university administrators, faculty, industry professionals, and political figures
- Chance to positively contribute to COE's student-recruitment efforts
- Gain skills and experience in public speaking and leadership development
- Prestige associated with serving on a team of highly motivated and respected undergraduates
Ambassadors are expected to work a minimum of 5 hours per month to maintain their active status. Ambassadors cannot work more than 20 hours per week. Most Ambassadors average about 5 hours of work per week. Failure to participate can result in termination.
How to Apply:
The application cycle for 2015-16 Ambassador positions will take place in spring 2015.